Delicious, Low Carb Burger buns made with almond flour that fit perfectly those living a low carb lifestyle! This recipe is so flexible so you can change the shape of your bread, add herbs, or other types of seeds.
These buns are 100% gluten/grain-free, therefore, they are keto-friendly.
We make these keto buns very often for the reason that they are ready to bake in less than 10 minutes. If you use a stand mixer the quality of the final texture will be even better. They probably become your favorite on a keto diet. For instance, you can have them for breakfast, as dinner buns or garlic bread.
If for some reason you need to substitute the flour, use coconut flour instead, ⅓ of the quantity of the almond flour and you need also double the eggs because, with this flour, you can end up with a dry texture and the bread maybe crumble too much.
Unlike other types of bread, you don’t need a bread maker, and of course, you don’t need to knead by hand. In conclusion, it is the easiest keto bread that you will make over and over again.
Low Carb Burger Buns Instructions:
2. Mix all the dry ingredients (almond flour, salt, garlic powder, baking powder, and the psyllium husk powder) in a bowl.
First, preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
1. Pour the boiling water into the bowl, the vinegar and finally the egg whites.
2. Beat with an electric whisk or stand mixer for 25-30 seconds.
3. Shape 6 round buns with lightly moistened hands and flatten them.
4. Brush the buns with water and sprinkle some seeds e.g. poppy or sesame seeds.
5. Bake in the lower part of the oven for about 45- 50 minutes depending on your oven.
6. Let the bread cool down for 10 minutes. After that, enjoy them with your favorite ketogenic cheeseburger, fresh lettuce, and homemade low carb dressing!
Tip: You can store your uncut buns in an airtight container to keep them soft for a couple of days or you can also freeze them.
- 150g / 1 ¼ Cup Almond flower
- 5 Tbsp Psyllium husk powder
- 2 Tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tsp Sea salt
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tsp White wine vinegar
- 225ml / 1 Cup water
- 3 egg whites
- 2 Tsp Poppy or sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour the boiling water into the bowl together with the vinegar and egg whites.
- Beat with an electric whisk for 25-30 seconds.
- Shape 6 round buns with lightly moistened hands and flatten them.
- Brush the buns with water.
- Sprinkle seeds on the buns e.g. poppy or sesame seeds.
Bake in the lower part of the oven for about 45- 60 minutes depending on your oven.
Let them cool down for 10 minutes.
This is really an easy low carb, gluten-free bread or burger bun. It literally takes 10 min of preparation time. However, for the best result, don't double the recipe. Make one batch at the time. You can freeze this bread and take out on demand.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 723mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 9gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g
For this Keto bread, we need to thank the amazing effort of Maria Emmerich. We readjusted her recipe for making our tasty burger buns. Maria is a wellness expert who has helped clients follow a Ketogenic lifestyle for over 20 years.